Saturday, February 16, 2008

Meteor pizza (mmmm...) and Gas Mark 6

WOW, I've got a nose bleed. The Gas, my team, my glorious football team, have reached the quarter-finals of the FA Cup for the first time in 50 years. Amazing! Sadly I couldn't be there to see our momentous 1-0 victory over Southampton due to Ricky Lambert's deflected goal, but I was with the 12,000 crowd in spirit.
In reality, I was news editing on a busy Wales on Sunday press day, but managed to get enough glimpses at the TV to enjoy the success. And I had plenty of phone calls and texts to make me feel part of the occasion.
Now it's onwards and upwards for the glorious boys in Blue. Bring it on!

Had a quiet night with Wren at home on Friday, enjoying my new-look flat complete with a new front room and bean bags. It makes a hell of a difference after being confined to one room and a kitchen for the last five years. We celebrated with a pizza from Dominos, the magnificent meteor, plus garlic mushrooms and potato wedges.
Meanwhile, the Fat Kid's social life seems to have hit a wall. She texted me tonight. "What are you doing?"
"Working, what about you?"
"Oh, I'm at home with the kids. Sorry, I thought it was Sunday."
Does the partying never stop?

No comments: