Friday, April 06, 2007

Pasta in sauce with mussels

IT'S a case of the last one to leave WoS turn the lights out. Becks has finally negotiated his transfer and is heading for the bright lights of London, having landed a job in the delightful surroundings of Bermondsey where every week the front page is dominated by one shooting after another. Meanwhile, Rosey has been seduced by the idea of working for the nationals and is moving to the smoke, too. Best of luck both.
Withers sees his career moving in a different direction, however. He fancies himself as a stand-up comedian and has a three-minute audition for a new TV programme. I've offered him the chance to steal material from the blog, but he has turned me down flat. I hope he isn't going to rely on his impressions, which all sound remarkably like Zippy from Rainbow.
He also has a good line on tailgating at the hand dryer in pub toilets. I'm not sure the world is ready for his talent quite yet, but best of luck to him.
The other night I made a lovely pasta sauce with Mussels. The recipe came out of a little pamphlet given to me by Wren, which appears to contain some very tasty meals. This one was meant to be Spaghetti ai frutti di Mare, but as I only had mussels I decided I would try it with them alone and some nice new dried pasta I have bought known as Bucatini.
Ingredients:
Olive oil
1 onion chopped
4 cloves sliced garlic
2 chopped tomatoes
packet of cooked mussels from Sainsbury's
Fresh parsley
glass of white wine
salt and pepper.

To do:
Wash the seafood (you can use a seafood mix if preferred)
Soak them in the white wine.
Meanwhile fry garlic in oil in a large pan
Quarter the fresh tomatoes and add them
Then add parsley and salt and pepper (I used some paprika too, which was nice!)
When this is cooking, add the white wine and seafood.
Cook the pasta, drain when half done and add lto pan.
Continue cooking until the pasta is done. Serve with some hot garlic bread.

No comments: