Saturday, May 31, 2008

Meatball sub

DANNY Boy (the poipes, the poipes) fancies himself to be in the know when it comes to the latest gossip. So he was being particularly mischievous this week when he claimed to have spotted a naughty liaision in the street.
As the Wonderful Withers of (Meeja) Wales past his desk he announced: "You have to be nice to me Withers. I possess information that you will need to know."
Eventually after the teasing, he handed over his scurrilous revelation. "I saw the Prince of Darkness on the way to lunch with a young lady!" he offered.
Only later did the Prince explain the true situation. "It was my daughter. We were going for lunch."
When the news was revealed to the Poipes later he was just a little bit sheepish.

Just a message for Tambrosian. Thanks for your comments on the blog the other day. I don't know if I am related to Lord Repington but my name apparently derives from that. You weren't the bloke with the golf club preparing to chase me off the premises, perchance?

Meanwhile, back on WoS today I enjoyed a meatball sub from Subways for dinner with all the trimmings. Yummy.

No comments: