Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A nice Thai banquet (eating out)

Now we've got a nickname for the Fab BB, I've come up with a little ditty for my pal Withers. It goes something like this:
"I'm off to drink with Withers,
The wonderful Withers of WOS,
We hear he is a political whizz,
If ever a wizard there was,
If ever a wizard there was, there was, it's Withers because, it's Withers because,
because, because, because, because, because....
Because of the wonderful column he does."
Then I decided that didn't give an impression of the true Withers, so I altered it slightly...

"I'm off to drink with Withers,
The wonderful Withers of WoS,
He really is a misery guts, if ever a misery there was,
If ever a misery there was, there was, it's Withers because, it's Withers because,
because, because, because because because...
Fill in your own finishing line here: ie He supports Crewe Alexandra, He's love lorn, it's his round, it's his fault, he watches too much Larry David, he spends all his time in the office..."
You decide... And if you have my e mail address, all contributions gratefully received. Free pint for the winner (but obviously not from Withers)

Last night I ate out at a nice Thai restaurant, so no recipe today, folks (to paraphrase Jimmy Young). Who he? asks everyone under 40.

No comments: